We are beginning to look at the night-time economy as a whole. The night-time in many towns and cities is far more than pubs, clubs and theatres - there is a wide range of activity and needs and potential. Purple Flag award - http://www.atcm.org/purple-flag/index.php - looks at centres between 1700 and 0600, maybe CNI needs to broaden the scope to this time scale, much of it outside of "traditional" Street Angel activity.
Some we have thought of are:
* those living in town / city centres - many of them professional people
* Coffee shop culture - for example Costa Coffee Church
* late night shopping, restaurants, coffee and cocktail bars
* those working at this time - security, road cleaners, bus drivers, supermarkets staff, etc
* homeless, night-shelters, soup runs, etc
How does CNI and the church begin to be church for this community? How can we increasingly network together for the better of the wider community? Please comment to leave your thoughts....
Donate to the work of CNI Network here
Street Angels - Christian Nightlife Initiatives Network:
Registered Charity 1136416 / Company Limited by Guarantee 07173090
All content and various brand names (C) CNI Network
Postal Address: CNI Network, The King's Centre, Park Rd, Halifax, HX1 2TS
E-Mail: email@example.com (founder / CEO) / Phone: 07725501465