As was announced earlier today the Olympic Torch is visiting your area on its tour around the country in May 2012.
CNI are key partners with More Than Gold, the Christian response to the 2012 Olympic Games, and as such would like to encourage you to use the opportunity of the Olympic Torch visit to its best potential.
· Arranging for teams of your Street Angel volunteers to be involved on the day as the Torch arrives – either through stewarding or providing a guard of honour to the torch, etc.
· Encouraging the local church to become involved in the torch visit – be creative – music events, creative arts, giving away goodies at the torch event, inviting people to sporting activities, meal event, etc. You may need to work with a local Olympic planning team and it is best to start these conversations now...
· Holding a Prayer Event to pray for: the Olympics, the thousands that will be visiting this country to compete, opportunities to share our faith, etc – 24 hours of prayer are suggested and is a good way to get the whole church involved.
· Encouraging people to volunteer as Games Pastors – let us not miss this fantastic opportunity – the world will once again be watching this country – as Christians we need to be at the forefront showing we care and that the Christian faith is alive and well... For more details visit http://cninet.weebly.com/2012-olympics.html
· More Than Gold web site is at http://www.morethangold.org.uk/ and has a lot more ideas and information.
Please let us know what you are planning and then we will publicise for you. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
All the best
Christian Nightime Initiatives Network
CEO - Paul Blakey MBE
Development Worker – Adam May
Donate to the work of CNI Network here
Street Angels - Christian Nightlife Initiatives Network:
Registered Charity 1136416 / Company Limited by Guarantee 07173090
All content and various brand names (C) CNI Network
Postal Address: CNI Network, The King's Centre, Park Rd, Halifax, HX1 2TS
(please note post will not be collected regularly during the current situation)
See message about furlough of our CEO and alternative email addresses
E-Mail: email@example.com (founder / CEO) / Phone: 07725501465