A few facts about Lichfield Late Night Listeners:
- we started in December 2010
- we are part of Lichfield Churches Criminal Justice Forum (another arm helps ex-offenders settle back into the community)
- we have about 40 volunteers
- we operate every Friday from about 10pm to 2am (and 2 Saturdays per month) - we have lovely fluorescent jackets!
- our evening team consists of between 6 and 8 people
- we use a table set up outside an estate agents as a base for tea/coffee etc and patrol the city in pairs
- we are well represented by all the churches in the city
The Lichfield Late Night Listeners have an exciting initiative planned for Christmas:
Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat so it must be time for Lichfield Mysteries to start working on a Nativity production!
We are doing something completely different this year - well, the story's the same - obviously! - but we are doing 'pop-up' Nativities, in conjunction with Lichfield's Late Night Listeners. If you haven't encountered the Late Night Listeners then you obviously don't spend Friday and Saturday nights partying in Lichfield City Centre! They are a lovely bunch of people who set up a stall with tea and coffee and look out for people who may have had too much to drink, be in distress or just want a chat. They provide a sympathetic ear, point people in the direction of taxis and will even supply emergency flip-flops if your 7'' heels are proving a bit too much. We are going to put together a short, entertaining version of the Nativity and the weekend before Christmas we will be 'popping-up' outside some of the favourite pubs between 10.30 and midnight to entertain and generally add to the festive mood.
If this appeals to you and you would like to get involved with the Nativity please get in touch via the Mysteries website
Ho Ho Ho!!!