Just a few stay safe tips for staying safe this Mad Friday and over the rest of the Christmas period:
- Plenty sense. Plenty water. Plenty friends. Never leave your drinks around.
- Always stay with your friends, don’t go off alone, have their contact information on you somewhere other than your phone and over a big dinner beforehand try to think about your drinking limits for the night and stick to them!
- Always eat before a night out – never drink on an empty stomach.
- Know your drink and know your limit. Know what you are drinking so you can know how much you have had. This will also help you and your friends know if you have been spiked because you have kept account of your alcohol intake.
- Keep your taxi money in another part of your handbag/wallet so you don’t spend it. Always sit in the back of a taxi if you’re travelling by yourself.
- Pick a venue right for you – if you feel out of place, leave! Most fights start over something minor – someone knock you, spill your drink – apologise! Don’t get involved in breaking up a fight – that’s the job of the door-staff! Someone pestering you – try and ignore them and if that doesn’t work ask the bar or door staff to help you. Look out for your friends – make sure they are safe.
If in doubt find the Street Angels / Town Pastors / Street Chaplains / NightLight / Street Pastors volunteers who will offer help and support or a Police officer or ask the door-staff. Have a safe Mad Friday (and Christmas / New Year / 2015) night out...