The UK increasingly has a culture of dependency. With an estimated 450,000 problem gamblers and the biggest drug problem in Europe, Britain has a serious problem. CAP Release Groups helps people to deal with and break free from life controlling habits like these and others such as smoking, drinking or Internet addictions.
What CAP provides:
A CAP Release Group enables your church to help people find freedom, even in those cases where it seems impossible after years of addiction. It provides a place of trust and security, where people are supported emotionally and practically.
- All materials for The Release Course, which consists of eight sessions, working through topics such as admitting you have a problem, the truth setting you free, and forgiveness and walking into freedom.
- Full training for your managers and coaches to enable them to run the course effectively, as well as full support from our head office team throughout the year.
- A CAP Release Group provides your church a fantastic link into your local community.
- Not only will you see people freed from their addictions, but you will also have the opportunity to share your faith with them.
What your church provides:
In order to launch a CAP Release Group you will need the following:
- A CAP Release Group Manager to work six hours per week (hours may be spread across the week) and ideally run the course three times throughout the year.
- Regular use of a room to host the group.
- Volunteers who are willing to assist the Release Group Manager in the running of the group.
- Use of at least one computer, with access to the Internet and a printer.
- Provision of refreshments for group members.
How much does it cost?
We ask each church to pay a minimum monthly contribution of just £40 per month, to be paid via monthly Direct Debit instalments. This contribution gives your church access to free training, and all the resources needed to advertise and equip your group, including course material, leaders guides and course members books as well as regular support from the team at head office.
Find out more here.