For example, every day of the Games -
- St Pancras International Station will receive around 100,000 extra travellers
- Up to 800,000 extra people will come to London, spilling onto streets around Games venues, official big screen Live Sites and other venues
What will Games Pastors do?
Games Pastors will be trained, equipped and supported to assist travellers, sightseers and spectators with practical advice and help. All the while they will have an eye open for those in special need.
Effectively, they will demonstrate the love of Christ on the streets and at transport terminals to those visiting London for the Games.
Each one will be part of a small and mutually supportive team. And serve in two 4-hour shifts for a minimum of seven days, with one of those as a day off.
Who can apply for the role?
Those applying will need the full support of their church leader and –
- Already have had experience in a role like a Street Pastor or be ready to face a wide variety of challenging situations
- Be fit enough to cope with lots of walking and standing
- Be a team player, flexible and servant-hearted
They are responsible for their own funding in respect of their application, training, travel, accommodation and meals.
What training will be given?
Training will be by Christian agencies with the experience and expertise needed – including Street Pastors, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, London City Mission and Christian Nightlife.
An opportunity will be offered to go out as observers with a Street Angels or Street Pastors project.
What is the next step?
To know more, or apply to be a Games Pastor, please download the following –