Northern Conference - if you are planning to come please book in! This will be an amazing day (and evening concert) - see here for details.
The Trustees of CNI Network met in February. During the day they looked at the work, vision and plans for CNI Network before joining the Bishop of Pontefract Tony Robinson, patron of CNI, for a meal and then, at night, the amazing team of Club Angels in Tiger Tiger Leeds. A brief overview of discussions:
- Celebrated what we had achieved over the last few months including: supporting launching new projects including Majorca; organising a National and supporting a Southern area conference; increasing work at music festivals; launching an eBook; setting up a working protocol with the Police; receiving excellent media coverage; sponsorship of 12,000 "Who are the Street Angels?" comics from UCB; increased product range including insurance; presentations on our work to around 12,000 people in 12 months from Paul Blakey.
- Looked at future funding needs
- Heard updates from local branches and from across the regions including potential work in Australia, need for work in European resorts; the Alcohol and Safety Education pack and the reach of our web and social media presence.
- Planned forthcoming events including the Northern Conference in York (12th April), Afternoon Tea at Lambeth Palace (20th October), 2015:10 - a year to celebrate 20 years of our work in Northern Ireland, 15 years in Scotland and 10 years in England in 2015; a National Conference at Slaley Hall, Northumberland in October 2015.
- Heard about the amazing impact of Club Angels in Leeds, Croydon and Dundee and the plans to launch soon in Bristol. We looked at how we could support and help Club Angels going forward.
- Looked at the possibility of offering Internship within CNI Network - this will be launching in the Autumn. The interns will visit different parts of the network throughout the year to gain experience of street work, club work, schools, Festivals, etc.
- Discussed the branding of CNI Network - the Emotion, Value and Product we offer. We are now asking people 'what does CNI Network mean to you' to help us move forward with this - email Paul your thoughts.
- Shared ways we can support the CNI Network regions better.
Love Your Streets #Do1NiceThing each day in Lent runs from Wednesday 5th March to Easter Sunday - there are loads of ideas to help you make life nicer for others - see here for more details and please tweet / Facebook using #Do1NiceThing
Massive congratulations and well done to:
Sad news from Sanktuary Telford
YouTube channel and MakingTheDifference.tv are updated
- Manchester's Key103 Street Angels day 1
- Key103 radio 2nd day - Bolton Street Angels
- Day 3 and 4 of Manchester's Key 103 radio Street Angels campaign
- Bolton Street Angels and Key 103 interviews
- What Manchester has at the moment
- Sign up to become a Manchester Street Angel
Paul and Jean speak at Christian Women's Fellowship national weekend (thanks to this group for offering us knitted chicks with creme eggs and the message 'You are amazing because God made you to be you! As you eat this egg pray that God will offer you a new start this Easter." - we have some left - they have already gone to Dundee, Leeds and Witney!)
Majorca Street Angels feature in Diario de Mallorca
Owen Jones: The drug we ignore that kills thousands
Arun Angels receive £1,000 donation
£1,625 gift for York Street Angels
Alcohol and Safety Resource and response to recent TV programmes
Dundee Street Chaplains - CNI Network at ROC Scotland Showcase
Tue 4th March - Beth Tash from Leeds Street Angels and Paul speaking to Leeds Met students
Wed 5th March - #Do1NiceThing every day during Lent - visit www.do1nicething.org.uk for details. CNI network has also contributed to the #BIGRead.
Tue 11th March- Inspiring Fundraising & Philanthropy - in the 21st Century - an event with some great speakers from organisations such as Crowdfunder, British Inspirational Trust and LocalGiving. Tickets are only £10 - see here to book (this is in Halifax).
Wed 12th March- International Day of Prayer for night-time economy - see here for more details.
Sat 15th March - Paul and Jean visiting Beverley and Hull Street Angels
Mon 24th / Tue 25th March- Paul in London meeting various people including DrinkAware, Clapham Junction Night Pastors, Croydon Club Angels and at Westminster Social Policy Forum conference on future of alcohol policy.
Thu 27th March- Paul at Welcome to Yorkshire Tour de Force event looking at plans for the Grande Depart of the Tour de France in July (with opportunities to serve as Street Angels around the event)
Sat 12th April - CNI Network Northern Conference in York and Philippa Hanna concert - details here.
Mon 20th October - CNI Network Afternoon Tea at Lambeth Palace - details here.
Art work to be supplied by you on PDF (designed to size with high res pictures) or design similar to below (with just pictures supplied by you then designed by Paul for £30 donation.) Postage is £13.
The banners are for indoor use only and this offer is open to any charity or organisation. E-mail Paul for further details.
Support our work via Give As You Live (at no cost to yourself) LocalGiving / MyDonate / PayPal / a Life Changing Challenge
See our shop for first aid supplies, insurance, flip-flops, SURVIVA body-warmers, YourNight mobile app, Dudes With Wings, our eBook story and more...
YourNight - the app that helps people visiting your community have a safe night out - see here.
Start Street Angels or Club Angels in your community - see here