A presentation about the work of Safe Haven is below. This story from September where the victim mentioned the Safe Haven (in the middle section of wording between the two picture groups)
- Wholly alcohol-related admissions for Middlesbrough have fallen for the past 3 consecutive years (2012/13 to 2014/15 inclusive) – this is in the context of overall national increases;
- In addition, Middlesbrough has achieved the biggest decrease in the rate of wholly alcohol-related admissions (-19.2%) in the NE region for qtr 1 of 2015/16 (vs qtr 1 of 2014/15);
- Less than 5% of clients presenting at the Safe Haven are sent to A&E;
- To our knowledge, nobody who has received interventions from the service have subsequently presented at A&E in the following 48 hours;
- The service provided interventions to 288 people between Dec and Aug, however, we only moved into the Albert Road premises in July and there was a sharp increase to an average of 50/month following this.