As we approach the main drinking season of the year here is a Christmas survival guide...
- Alternate an alcoholic drink with a glass of water - it will cut down calories and stop you becoming dehydrated
- Don't go out drinking without eating - have a meal first!
- Try some of the new alcohol-free beers and lagers
- Make a spritzer by adding soda to white wine
- Don't let others top up your glass - drink up before refilling to make it easier to keep track of how much you are drinking
- Offer to be the driver and stay alcohol free
- Chose smaller sized drinks - bottled beer for example instead of a pint
- Make each drink last longer by taking small sips
- Save room for Christmas Day - remember every unit of alcohol contains 56 calories
Find out more:
Alcohol Concern - Alcohol Awareness Week
DrinkAware - check the facts on alcohol
CNI Network Alcohol and Safety Education Resource
Hair of The Dog - some alcohol facts
If you need help on a night out or would like someone to come and talk to your group about alcohol and the weekend night-time economy you can always call on the Street Angels (or dudes with wings as we are sometimes known!)....